• Mon Line Frequencies

• Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.
Discussion related to railroad radio frequencies, railroad communication practices, equipment, and more.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by benpsut

Anyone around the Pittsburgh/Mon Valley area........

Does anyone know the Mon Line Frequencies say from South of the OC bridge, through Shire Oaks down to brownsville? thanks in advance!

by Rockin' Roller

Channel 50.

by benpsut

160.86?

by Rockin' Roller

That's correct. I knew the channel last night, but I had to go out to the truck this morning to see what the actual freq. was.

by benpsut

It sure helped this morning. i live on the ellswoth secondary, the end of the line actual over at mine 84 and i went to see if i could pick up anything from the mon valley (live about 8-10 miles away from the aquatorium in monongahela) and heard a loaded coal train getting permission to move on the line and boy did i get dressed quick and ran out the door down to the mine, it left already but i chased it up to bentleyville (where i used to live) and started to chase it from there all the way down to sheetz where i got some lunch. Thanks for that info ! seriously, you replied just in time!

by Rockin' Roller

Glad to help. I have been up and down the Mon and Loverage several times over the last couple of years.

by benpsut

hows the traffic from brownsville to the south? Is it decent? I'd like to head over that way (20 minute drive) to catch some street running and such and maybe pop up on the hill there to the yard.

by Rockin' Roller

The trains run pretty regular down both sides of the river. You should be able to find a decent parking spot close to the yard at West Brownsville.