• Michigan Central Detroit Depot not Police HQ

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Engineer James

Just off yesterdays paper...

The Detroit Depot of the Michigan Central will not become the Police Headquarters as origionally planned. The building would have cost almost $300 million to referbish 1/2 of the old depot for the Police Dept. Instead, I learned that a gentleman by the name of Manuel Moroun, who lives in Warren, MI and who owns CenTra Inc. which operates the Ambassator bridge. I was going to write him a note on the point of view of a railfan and ask him what future plans are for the depot... maybe even a railmuseum???

Is this a good idea??

by Aji-tater

"Instead, I learned that a gentleman by the name of Manuel Moroun, who lives in Warren, MI and who owns CenTra Inc. which operates the Ambassator bridge."

That does not mean anything! Presumably you are saying this guy bought the depot?

by Engineer James

Aji-tater,
No... that is not what I meant... this gentleman owns the property... that is all I meant.

by crazy_nip

that building is too far gone to renovate, sorry, this one will get torn down too...

there was an opportunity to save it right after conrail quit using it in the 80's, but since then, it has dilapidated to the point of ruin

by AmtrakFan

I am sadly going to have to agree with Mr. Nip here. The Station looks like it had a Bomb go off in it.