• M&E to start interchanging freight with CSX?

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by blockline4180

I heard from a reliable source that M&E was supposed to start interchanging D&R and Whippany line cars with CSX at South Kearny starting this year(January?). Has anyone noticed any increase traffic going east out of Morristown on the M&E?

Thanks,
SMP

by Rail Liner

I have not heared but that's interesting.

by wolfboy8171981

Do they even have an interchange agreement with the CSX. The freight traffic comes to South Karney via a set out from either Q439 or Q409 at North Bergen. I havent heard anything about this coming over my railroad.

by blockline4180

Check Morristown & Erie diesel doings....^^

by Sirsonic

Sounds more like they have left an engine off down there to be picked up by Conrail.

by blockline4180

Well nobody believed me when I initially posted this information, but here is some of the proof...

NS H0-2 Forum
http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... &start=915

by RS115

Hmmm while interesting, there were also other discussions about 18 being on the Center Street branch as part of a power move to Bayway. In any event, one thread on RR.Net referencing another thread on RR.Net as 'proof' of something seems somewhat incestuous.

Wouldn't activation of another official interchange require an STB filing?

by blockline4180

ANY updates on this week's interchange of cars with CSX in Kearny???

by General

blockline4180 wrote:ANY updates on this week's interchange of cars with CSX in Kearny???
Where is your reliable source now with all this crucial information? working for the m+e or ns..possibly transit?

by blockline4180

General wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:ANY updates on this week's interchange of cars with CSX in Kearny???
Where is your reliable source now with all this crucial information? working for the m+e or ns..possibly transit?
Uhh, he works for CSX... And you??
Do you know RCB?

by GOLDEN-ARM

I know RCB, since before you were born, most likely. Didn't see any "official posting" from him, notifying us about CSX and the M&E beginning interchange operations, ANYWHERE. As mentioned, acquiring interchange rights, with another railroad, that you don't already physically make a connection with, will require a submission of intent, to the STB, NJTROI and to NS. NJT will have a MAJOR say, in what is carried on their lines, and to who. It would be nice for the M&E to have "options" when handing over the goods, but let's wait until we see an actual submission, of intent on record, before we try to make it "real". Just a thought....... :wink:

by blockline4180

I know RCB, since before you were born, most likely. Didn't see any "official posting" from him, notifying us about CSX and the M&E beginning interchange operations, ANYWHERE

Sheesh, I'm not that young!! Maybe I shouldn't have even posted this to begin with!

Since you are the M&E moderator why don't you delete this thread till something is made official!?! :P

by GOLDEN-ARM

Sorry, I was just at the STB website, looking for an application, or a deciscion, regarding the M&E/CSXT/NJT/NS. No such luck. Here's the webpage, to look for yourselves. I went back 36 months, without finding anything related to the M&E. Like I said, it would be nice, for the M&E to have more options, like CSX or even the D&H or the "Q". Don't see any filings, reported for the addition of another interchange carrier/point, though. :( Why delete this thread, as it's leading to people learning, and the discussion seems to be based mostly in reality, now? I would lock it, if needed, with consensus of the other mods. Deleting it is a bit extreme. I've known RCB since he was a kid, as part of the "original" CP-5 Crew, back in the early 80's. No "slight" intended, as to your actual age, you seem like a VERY young person to me, though. Regards....... :-D

http://www.stb.dot.gov/decisions/readin ... lyreleases
Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Thu May 03, 2007 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by General

blockline4180 wrote:
General wrote:
Uhh, he works for CSX... And you??
Do you know RCB?
Yes I do know RCB.

(Note: edited by moderator to remove persons name. RCB uses these initials, not his spelled name in the Forum.)

by washingtonsecondary

I'd be worried if any of you knew LHO. A real wacko if you ask me.