• M&E coach on the way west...

• Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.
Discussion about the M&E, RVRR and SIRR lines of New Jersey, and also the Maine Eastern operation in Maine. Official web site can be found here: www.merail.com.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, cjl330, mikec

by NellsChoo

Hi all

Last week I caught a Morristown & Erie coach called "Morris County" on a Guilford train heading west through Massachusetts. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Jonelle

Last edited by NellsChoo on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

by jhdeasy

MORRIS COUNTY, owned by the M&E, is a former NYC Budd built 56 seat coach converted to a parlor car with about 29 single swivel reclining chairs. It appears the car was deadheading from the Maine Eastern back to the Morristown & Erie. The car's Amtrak annual certification may have expired, thus the deadhead move southwest in freight service, rather than having Guilford move the car to Portland ME for an all-Amtrak move back to New York City.
  by michelinsiding

The Morris County was heading east from P-burg thru Washington today at 3:30 pm, courtesy of NS.

by washingtonsecondary

Should be heading back to the M&E today on NS H-02.

by RS115

The 'Morris County' is on the east end of the run-around in Whippany. i hadn't realized that the Maine Eastern dining car (forget the name starts with A) is also back - guess they have something going on for them in the spring before Maine gets started. Got to cost a few bucks to move the equipment back and forth.