• Looking for system map from mid-1950's

• Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.
Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by Otto Vondrak

I am looking for a fold-up NYC system map from the mid-1950s, similar to those that were issued by Penn Central and Conrail after that... I have looked on eBay, but I find it very hard to isolate New York Central items. Can anyone point me to a particular source? Anyone have one in their closet they are tired of looking at?

-otto-
  by NYC_Dave

Do you need an actual paper map - or are you just looking for some information on the map? I know you said middle 1950's - the closest I have found on the Internet is a 1951 PTT map on the Canada Southern website - http://www.canadasouthern.com/caso/ptt/tt-0151.htm
  by NYC_Dave

Is this what you are looking for? I don't see a date anywhere in the listing. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 04961&rd=1

The item didn't sell. Try contacting the seller to see if he still has it.

by tocfan

Otto, when searching Ebay, do 3 searches, NYC, NY Central, and New York Central. For what you are looking for, select collectables on the left, then transportation, then railroadiana , between the 3 searches you will have 500-600 items to look at and you will likely find a map like you are looking for if you check every couple of days.

Mike Fleming

by Otto Vondrak

Thank you all- and yes, I am looking to acquire an actual paper map- like this one on eBay... thanks!

-otto-
  by lbagg91833

OTTO: Gotta go for $10bucks....as mine would cost more!!! LAB..BTW:Did the fact that I possess this artifact suprise??

by Otto Vondrak

I'll have to keep looking- I missed out on the last listing. Hopefully these are fairly common items out there.

LARRY- thanks for sharing those scans. I am always pleasantly surprised what you turn up from the archives!

-otto-

by nydepot

Otto,

It was suggested to search under NY Central, New York Central, etc. Just add map or maps to each of those and it will narrow your search down even more.
  by DE990561

hi i got a map of nycrr weehawken terminal north yard
the date on the map june 6 1917

Doug Leary