• Location near Alden?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nydepot

This photo was labeled as near Alden. I can't make a mile marker out anywhere near an overhead bridge near Alden to understand where this is (on Google Maps).

Yeah, it says don't copy but I'm not attempting to redistribute it, just understand where it is. Thanks.

Charles
CR @ Alden.jpg
  by BR&P

Eastbound at Wende, between CP46 and CP47.
  by nydepot

Wonder if they still let you take photos from the bridge with the prison there? Thanks Don.
  by BR&P

nydepot wrote:Wonder if they still let you take photos from the bridge with the prison there? Thanks Don.
I was going to say the bridge is on a public road outside the facility so there should be no problem. But then I recall reading about people using drones to smuggle drugs, weapons and other contraband into prisons, and would guess you might draw the attention of the authorities unless it was a quick shoot-and-go photo.
  by C2629

I have not tried to take a photo there for probably 30 years or so. Why you ask, because the few times I did try it didn't take the prison guards long to come and say it was a no no and to move along. The way I looked at it was if they called a trooper or a sheriff deputy I would have no chance to win even it was legal to take pictures from the bridge.
  by sd80mac

I did took pic once or twice back in late 95's. Not a problem. But I knew that the train was coming so I went ahead of train to that spot. Waiting for few minutes, took pic and took off..

Never went back to there again. Didn't get comfortable parking my car on that small shoulder. Not good spot anyway.