The Lake Erie, Franklin & Clarion had its origins in a railroad originally chartered as teh "Pittsburgh, Summerville & Clarion" at the turn of the last century.
The LEF&C operated under that corporate name from 1913 through early January of 1993 when the line was abandonded, mainly due to the downturn in coal mining in the area.
A website dedicated to the LE,F&C can be found here:
More specific history of the line here:
http://home.comcast.net/~starmanjb/LEFC ... story.html
Art Audley, AA3RT
Moderator: Railroad Radio & Communications, Railroads in Books, Magazines, Music, TV and other Media, General Discussion: Fallen Trolley & Interurban Lines, General Discussion: Shortline, Industrial & Military Railroads,