• Kris Kringle (SP ?) Express

• Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.
Discussion of the historical operations related to the Central Railroad of New Jersey; Lehigh & Hudson River; Lehigh & New England; Lehigh Valley; and the Reading Company. Visit the Anthracite Railroads Historical Society for more information.

Moderators: David, scottychaos, CAR_FLOATER, metman499, Franklin Gowen, Marty Feldner

by George D

Does anyone else remember this train which used to run between Reading and Reading Terminal during the Christmas Season back in the early 50's? As I recall it ran in several sections and there were drumheads proclaiming the trains' name. Of course it was steam powered and riding it was always one the highlites of my year as a child.
  by bearinbigblue

I too remember riding the kris kringle. Always boarded at Franklin Street, but as I recall it was always the FP7s on the front end in my day.
  by geep39

How about the Snellenburg's specials that started in Reading,weht to Reading Terminal, and traversed the Doylestown and New Hope branches, ending up at the Willow Grove store of Snellenburg's? They had an RS-3 on each end to avoid turnaround complications.