• Jackson Corners, NY - Rhinebeck & Connecticut

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by nydepot

I'm looking for the location of Jackson's Corner and what railroad ran through it. I'm thinking it's just a spot on a railroad rather than a full-fledged town. I'm also guessing NY. Maybe it's PA.

Thanks.

Charles
  by joshuahouse

Google Earth says that Jacksons Corner with out the apostraphy, is in Huntington PA. I don't see any particuarlly obvious ROW though.
  by nydepot

I've been told it's in the Town of Milan on the NH, east of Red Hook. Thanks everyone.

Charles
  by nysw3636

nydepot wrote:I've been told it's in the Town of Milan on the NH, east of Red Hook. Thanks everyone.

Charles
It is actually Jackson Corners, which is in the Town of Milan,NY. It is located in Dutchess County. Not sure of which RR, but could be ND&C which became NH?
  by Kilgore Trout

Jackson Corners was on the Rhinebeck & Connecticut, which eventually became part of the CNE's branch between the state line and Rhinecliff, NY. I suspect it was a flag stop or removed very early last century, in that it shows up on a map but not on the 1910 Official Guide (I don't have TTs of that era to check). See the CNE system map for the location and a couple of references on this page.
  by nydepot

Yes, it was a flag stop with a small building. The reason I asked was a I have RPPC and the photo is labeled Jackson's Corner. I'll try to post it.
  by pumpers

nydepot wrote:Yes, it was a flag stop with a small building. The reason I asked was a I have RPPC and the photo is labeled Jackson's Corner. I'll try to post it.
RPPC? I had to google and am still not sure. Real Photo PostCard? JS
  by nydepot

You go it.

I should rephrase. I was sent a scan of an RPPC.

pumpers wrote:
nydepot wrote:Yes, it was a flag stop with a small building. The reason I asked was a I have RPPC and the photo is labeled Jackson's Corner. I'll try to post it.
RPPC? I had to google and am still not sure. Real Photo PostCard? JS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.