• Is CP about to sell the Delaware & Hudson to NS?

• Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html
Discussion relating to the past and present operations of CPR. Official web site can be found here: CPKCR.com. Includes Kansas City Southern. There is also a KCS sub-forum for prior operations: kansas-city-southern-and-affiliates-f153.html

Moderators: Komachi, Ken V

by Sylvain727

Is this rumour is true that CP gonna sold the D&H to the Norfolk Southern ?

I hope not. That is too sad to me because I am a Canadian Pacific Railfan.

That's my favorite freight railroad company. Not the Norfolk Southern.

I can't imagine the CP absorbed by an American Railroad NS and taking control over CP trackage in eastern Canada and US.

No,I can't imagine that. That will be a terrible nightmare to me.

Save the Canadian Pacific Railway.

Moderator's note: subject edited for clarity - Ken V

by Ken V

I'm with Komachi on this... I'll believe it when I see it. This rumor has been going around for quite a while now and, so far, nothing concrete. See the other thread.

Even if NS did take over operations on some D&H trackage, I don't see the thoroughbred venturing onto the Albany-Montreal route any time soon.

by Otto Vondrak

Yes, it's true. All of it. Somehow, you've stumbled onto some information that no one else in the industry knows! Not even the SEC or the STB! Amazing.

There are no "rumors" of takeover. Either you get an announcement of talks and acquisition or you don't. Until then, it's just railroaders making up stories to pass the time.

Sorry I took my sarcasm pills this morning. :-)

-otto-