• Illinois Terminal

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

by MR77100

I was in Union last week and was very surprised to see the substation still standing! I took some pictures of it, and it is in very good shape. The ITS line is still very evident, and only a few sections have been plowed under. Some of the line poles are still standing.

by MR77100

Where was the IT's East Belt Yard in Springfield, how did they access it, and is it still in place?

by bn13814

>Where was the IT's East Belt Yard in Springfield, how did they access it, >and is it still in place?

The IT yard paralleled IC's Green Diamond line adjacent to Avenue Yard. The yard was redundant after the N&W takeover and removed within a short time. I'll have to consult my Flyers for further details.