• I GOT HIRED

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by SteelWheels21

After 3 different interviews with 2 railroads in the last 3 months, I was offered a conductor trainee position with Union Pacific at their Portland Terminal.

Now the fun really begins. Any UP guys with advice, I'm all ears. Class starts August 23rd.

THE FUNNY THING, and I'm putting this out there for guys who are nervous about the physical agility portion is this: I wasn't able to do a single situp that counted, and I still passed. Yeah, I'm real proud. I must have been off the chart on the bar curl and grip test. If you just give it 100 percent, you're sure to pass the physical part. Strengthen your hands with those gripper things, do some curls with a straight bar, hell even do a few situps. You don't have to set any records. I guarantee that there are guys who did 50 plus situps today who I won't see at orientation tomorrow morning. Do your best and be confident, you'll get it done.

Looking forward to getting through class and getting out on the iron. Good luck to those still waiting to be hired!

by KarlJ

[deleted]
Last edited by KarlJ on Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Fatal

congrats! if you are a railfan...mention it to no one

by AmtrakFan

Fatal wrote:congrats! if you are a railfan...mention it to no one
I agree with Fatal Personally IF your a Railfan DON'T TELL ANYONE Also Good Luck.

AmtrakFan