• I finally got my call........

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by trackman2b

I finally got my call from up. Everything checked out fine and I am going for my orientation next week. I am so exited to finally land a job with the railroad. Does anyone have any tips for new track laborer? I got hired out of Kansas City Mo.

by wildbill

Listen and pay attention when the older guys explain something. Nothing worse than telling a new hire constantly how to do something. Also bid every job that you can. Get you Machine operator, Track foreman,Welder, Inspector etc that you can. Seniority is the name of the game if you want to make any money. It is dangerous work keep your hands and toes away from where they don't belong. Good luck and welcome to the BMWED
  by trackman2b

I will listen to everything that the railroad veterans have to say. I know that they are only going to help him. When I hired on the hiring managers told all of us that we were not allowed to bid out for at least 2 yrs because of the shortage of track laborers in this area. As soon as my 2 yrs is up I will bid. I am excited about my new career and I will listen to the oldtimers that have been there for a long time..