• Horn sounds

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by DocJohn

What would have been sounds of horns used on Budd cars and on F-M H16-44s used during the ealry 1960s. I have seen pictures with what appear to be "loud speakers" where you would normally expect a single horn. How to model in HO?

DocJohn

by DutchRailnut

The horns you refere to are the Hancock air whistles, they sound just like a stem engine whistle.
http://www.dieselairhorns.com/collection.html
  by DocJohn

When I was a student at WPI in Worcester, I used to ride the Worcester New London Budd car. Last time I rode was May 1965. I think I would remember something as different as the Hancock air whistle.

A few times, I took pictures of the Budd cars, and I will have to pull out the slides.

How would one model these in HO?

JHL

by Phil Hom

Detail West (SKU 131) has them in HO scale at $1.00 each.