• Hobken Rail Festival

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Terminal Proceed

I know it's a bit early yet - but any onfo on this event??

by njt4172

NJT basically layed off all their events and publicity people due to the budget constraints?!?!......I'm pretty sure there will not be a Hoboken Festival until 2007 for the 100th Anniversary Celebration.....

Sorry... :(

Stev

by nick11a

njt4172 wrote:NJT basically layed off all their events and publicity people due to the budget constraints?!?!......I'm pretty sure there will not be a Hoboken Festival until 2007 for the 100th Anniversary Celebration.....

Sorry... :(

Stev
Well, I've never been to one yet (and have been dying to get to one) so you can bet I'll be at 2007.

by nick11a

^Figures NJT would stop the Hoboken festivals just right before I became a railfan! :wink:

by OCtrainguy

I can't resist this one.....

If they were to have a festival, wouldn't people attending need to get a photo permit before taking photos?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
:wink:

by NJ Vike

nick11a wrote:^Figures NJT would stop the Hoboken festivals just right before I became a railfan! :wink:
Same here.

I hope the CNJ festival is a good one:

http://www.cnjfestival.com/

by sullivan1985

nick11a wrote:^Figures NJT would stop the Hoboken festivals just right before I became a railfan! :wink:
I've been a closet-railfan all my life till about a year and a half ago. Then i joined up with all the photo sites and fourms.

I want to badly go to NJT Hoboken Festival in 2007(?), and I might as well check out the CNJ festival too, considering its not that far away...

by nick11a

sullivan1985 wrote:
I've been a closet-railfan all my life till about a year and a half ago. Then i joined up with all the photo sites and fourms.

I want to badly go to NJT Hoboken Festival in 2007(?), and I might as well check out the CNJ festival too, considering its not that far away...
Yeah, I would be able to go to the CNJ if I had a car (another year or so and I can probably get one) but it is during the school year on a Sunday and I can get pretty busy even on weekends. Me, as a kid, I LOVED trains. Then Batman, Star Trek, Lost in Space (the TV show), music. And then, suddenly, last year, for the first times in MANY years, I rode the train to NY on the MidTown Direct. And I was hooked and than met all of you wonderful people! Or rather, all you people met wonderful me. :wink:
  by chuchubob

You don't need a car to get to the CNJ festival. Last year I took NJT to Newark; PATH, HBLRT and a shuttle bus.
  by nick11a

chuchubob wrote:You don't need a car to get to the CNJ festival. Last year I took NJT to Newark; PATH, HBLRT and a shuttle bus.
Oh cool, if i can go, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks Bob!

by Don31

OCtrainguy wrote:I can't resist this one.....

If they were to have a festival, wouldn't people attending need to get a photo permit before taking photos?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
:wink:

Knowing NJT's increasingly paranoid attitude, they probably will require a permit.

by TAMR213

You can't blame NJT for cancelling it after 2002. I went with an engineer friend of mine at NJT. They were allowing walk throughs of various equipment, including a new C5, an ALP-46, and a GP40PH-2. I would say about 10 minutes after I walked through the ALP-46, I hear some idiot in it, blowing the horn, constently. I hear they imidietly took the guy out of there, and closed off the ALP, as I belive there is some sort of horn rule for the Hoboken trainshed, hence why its always cab car first into the shed. And then, by the end of the day, I meet up wth my engineer friend (my dad and I split from him, as he neeed to make some runs to stay qualified on the Hoboken side) and he says some guy walked off with the brake handle to the GP40PH-2. Besides the fact that NJT really doesn't have enough money for this, people were being idiots and doing various things they shouldn't of been doing. Although, I would like to see another Hoboken festival, if people are going to be acting like this, I can see where NJT is coming from.

by nick11a

TAMR213 wrote:You can't blame NJT for cancelling it after 2002. I went with an engineer friend of mine at NJT. They were allowing walk throughs of various equipment, including a new C5, an ALP-46, and a GP40PH-2. I would say about 10 minutes after I walked through the ALP-46, I hear some idiot in it, blowing the horn, constently. I hear they imidietly took the guy out of there, and closed off the ALP, as I belive there is some sort of horn rule for the Hoboken trainshed, hence why its always cab car first into the shed. And then, by the end of the day, I meet up wth my engineer friend (my dad and I split from him, as he neeed to make some runs to stay qualified on the Hoboken side) and he says some guy walked off with the brake handle to the GP40PH-2. Besides the fact that NJT really doesn't have enough money for this, people were being idiots and doing various things they shouldn't of been doing. Although, I would like to see another Hoboken festival, if people are going to be acting like this, I can see where NJT is coming from.
Geez, its sad to see that some idiots ruin it for everyone.

by Irish Chieftain

Erik wrote:I would say about 10 minutes after I walked through the ALP-46, I hear some idiot in it, blowing the horn, constently. I hear they imidietly took the guy out of there, and closed off the ALP
I recall that like yesterday. Most likely the chief reason why there's no festivals nowadays.
as I belive there is some sort of horn rule for the Hoboken trainshed, hence why its always cab car first into the shed
"Horn rule"? Cab cars and EMUs have horns too, so any kind of rule involving horns that might exclude a locomotive from the east end of Hoboken could not be centered around horns. Possibly a noise rule? I've seen ALPs on the east end of trains in Hoboken quite often...and rarely (during rush hours) I've seen diesels on the east end too.