• Hijack Movie

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

by Death Star

Released in 1999, It stars Jeff Fahey, Ernie Hudson, Beth Toussaint and Brrent Huff. It involves a pro-gun law group hijacking a US senator's train. The senator is trying to pass an anti-gun law, because his family was tragically gunned down. But a pro gun malita takes over the train. Now it's up to an ATF agent to save the day. I thought the plot was cheesy along with the railroad scenes. During the credits it says "filmed entirely on location in Los Angeles". I highly doubt it due to the fact the opening train scenes had what appeared to be an EMD Geep painted in VIA Rail yellow with the numbers 754. Even as the train left the station I could clearly see "VIA" on the car sides, when the train was supposed to be the ficticious "West Rail". The train did however switch to Rio Grande GP35 3034 (I think 3034, but a Rio Grande GP35 for sure.) lettered for West Rail along with the cars lettered West Rail too, during the rest of the movie. Another odd thing about the engine is that I am pretty sure a GP35 does not come with a large computerized control room. They didn't even give special thanks to the railroad for letting them use their trains during the credits.
Was wondering if anyone else has seen this movie.