• Hi again all....

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by Cosmo

Well, here we go again, folks. :( New year, new forum, new chance to post. Hope all who participated here before will post again. Please feel free to post and REpost all the links, maps and photos that once graced this proud line. :P Perhaps the varnish will race these rails in the evening and the Ghost Train will ride again! :D
Cosmo,
Once and future moderator, this forum. :wink:

by vector_one75

Hi,

Some time ago in the original Railroad.net I asked about and got some replies about the Parker Avenue station in Poughkeepsie on the line over the Poughkeepsie Bridge. It was of interest that changes of use generally are of old railroad stations becoming shops, residences, factories etc, where this was (unique in the world?) a case where a private residence was converted into a railroad station.

Since it apperars that all this is lost through the loss of the original server (unless the suggestions by some in the general discussion forums can be acted upon in what appear to a complex google-caching sstem, with no guarantee of success), I hope some of those who originally replied to my interest for possible modelling and information about the station might be able to find that information again, since I had (foolishly it appears now in hindsight, and should have downloaded everything left right and center into my computer to make sure it would be available when I would look back to it) figured the resourece information would be preserved forever in the forum archives.

Also, there was a name of a librarian who could help me in my quests on the subject but again, all names are lost!

Hope someone can retrieve asome or all of this stuff.

Sincerely,

Vytautas B. Radzivanas
Perth, Western Australia
  by Bernard Rudberg

I happen to live about 10 miles from Poughkeepsie and I have a couple photographs of the old stations that were on Parker Avenue. One of the photos is the older converted home you mentioned. The second is a later station dated 1944.

I can send these photos via E-Mail if you would like. Just let me know where to send them.

Bernie Rudberg Wappingers Falls NY USA

by vector_one75

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for your help on this. You can send to my email at:

[email protected]

But give a few days to reduce my inbox since it's pretty full up, so you might want to let me know the file size in Mb to be sure how much OI need to clear to be able to accept.

So, thank again very much.

Sincerely,
Vyt Radzivanas
Perth, Western Australia