Railroad Forums 

• Greenville, SC on the NS

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

#148148  by daybyday

Does anyone on this board work NS Train Service in the Greenville area or know what type of work (Local, yard, thru freight) is available out of that area?

The reason I'm asking is that I recently went to a NS hiring session in Greenville, but I was surprised when the trainmaster said that we could expect to be borrowed out to Charlotte, NC 6-7 days at a time. From all the past posts on this board, I was expecting some time spent away from home, but I was surprised when he said it would be up to a week at a time.

Just wondering if this is the true or if the T.M. was justing trying to scare away the weak. It worked on me for the time being.

Again, just trying to hear from someone that actually works in the area that can shed some light on how much time is spent away from home.

Thanks, DBD