• Good Railfanning Spots in Central or Eastern NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Jtgshu

Kaback9 wrote:
Mike77E9 wrote:
TAMR213 wrote:Agreed. I was there pretty late the other night and I felt like I was in "Night of The Living Dead" haha. Anybody ever encounter the guy who likes to trespass at BB, has a radio (which he'll key up on the North Jersey Dispatch channel), and likes to pretend hes a signal maintainer? What a joke.
Ah, you must be talking about "Creepy Dude in Weeds", I've come across him a lot there, seems like he lives there...

NO COMMENT comment.
HAHA haha
  by GSC

Thanks for the tips and advice about Bound Brook. I used to drive a dump trailer out of Chimney Rock quarry (Trap Rock / Stavola) there, but never had the time to railfan while there.

As far as a 3-year-old, the only place I'd take her after dark is home.

Been to Roselle Park before. What a rush as a westbound freight blasts thru just feet away from you. And creepy how a pax train in "push" mode can sneak up on you silently.
  by njt5140

TAMR213 wrote: Anybody ever encounter the guy who likes to trespass at BB, has a radio (which he'll key up on the North Jersey Dispatch channel), and likes to pretend hes a signal maintainer? What a joke.
Ah yes that's Dunellen Frank!! I saw him up at Roselle Park once, pretended to be an NS conductor and he was blitzed out of his mind... must be off the meds again
  by wolfboy8171981

njt5140 wrote:
TAMR213 wrote: Anybody ever encounter the guy who likes to trespass at BB, has a radio (which he'll key up on the North Jersey Dispatch channel), and likes to pretend hes a signal maintainer? What a joke.
Ah yes that's Dunellen Frank!! I saw him up at Roselle Park once, pretended to be an NS conductor and he was blitzed out of his mind... must be off the meds again
Does he ride a bike?
  by njt5140

wolfboy8171981 wrote:
njt5140 wrote:
Does he ride a bike?
I believe so
  by Mike77E9

njt5140 wrote:
wolfboy8171981 wrote:
njt5140 wrote: Ah yes that's Dunellen Frank!! I saw him up at Roselle Park once, pretended to be an NS conductor and he was blitzed out of his mind... must be off the meds again
Does he ride a bike?
I believe so
Yeah, he does. If I see a teal 1950's style Schwinn sitting next to the railing for the pee pee tunnel, he's there...