• Falls Road Unit Grain Train # 6

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by AJ1804

They went by early this morning about 0430 heading east for medina my educated guess is they will be returning about 1730 heading back for lockport but not certain

AJ

by Otto Vondrak

A reliable source tells me the Falls Road has received five 60-car unit trains for the new Western New York Energy LLC at Medina. It appeats all trains have been powered with 6-axle CSX engines...

by WNYP431

Mmmm-Hmm....when the power is running.

by Challenger3985

Haven't heard anything about grain trains lately here. I take it they are running weekly still?

When can they be expected during the week?

by WNYP431

As Phil Collins used to sing...."Tonight, Tonight, Tonight....uh-ho."

by BR&P

"Let the Midnight Special
shine its light on me....."

by Farmer Joe

"Looks like were in for nasty weather, there's a bad moon on the rise." Or a "corn train in the night".....I know, its terrible.........I'll keep my day job.

Snowy weather is a must for a corn train. Stay warm guys............

Joe

by AJ1804

anyone know what time she is due i heard something on my scanner when the guys from the falls road was back in lkpt tonight that they had to hurry they were runnin out of time.

AJ

by charlie6017

Is there another grain train heading in this weekend? I'd like to try to catch it, if possible............Thanks! :wink:

Charlie

by SimTrains

Fraid not...looks like we get the weekend off :-D

by WNYP431

Sometime late in the week of the 18th.