• Falls Road Railroad operations

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by Brian Seward

I was on my way to my research methods class at Brockport a few weeks ago and I finally got to see a train roll by (more like fly by). Would anyone happen to know the hours of operation for the Falls Road RR? I'd like to get a few shots of that train. :-)
  by NS59

The local from Lockport To Brockport and back usually runs Mon-Wed-Fri. I would guess it to be in the Brockport area in early afternoon.
  by Conrail4evr

Last I knew, it was around Noon to 2 PM, sometimes as early as 10 AM. I usually hang out over on Park Ave. and wait until I hear a horn.
  by dummy

the train is usually in brockport around noon, give or take an hour. and i think the bridge from the library to the brown building over the tracks would be the best place to watch trains from when on campus.
  by dummy

friday, nov 7th. 11 car train rolling into brockport at 12:50pm. 3 refer cars, 8 tankers. probably be in town an hour or two before heading back to lockport.