• FA (??) in Scranton yard / Question for alcodoc

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by b&m617

Hi Don-
I was by the shop yesterday and saw the FA that you have in the yard; I was wondering what the RR's Plans were for this old beauty, and what Kind of work it needs, whats Missing, etc. Was going to stick my head in the shop and say Hi but looked like there was no one there. Are any of the Hy-rail pickup trucks for sale??? Keep up the good work!!

Charlie (derail)

:P

by Alcoman

I am not AlcoDoc, but I want to let you know that the FPA-4 is owned by VILX(Ed Bowers), not the D-L.
Alcoman

by b&m617

Thanks, John! Is the unit there for work by the DL shop force?? Sure would look great in Erie black/ yellow!! :P Do you know if the unit is in operation condition??

thanks

work safe
Derail

by metman499

While I don't know if it is stored serviceable, the locomotive has been in storage in Scranton for at least five years. It only appears to move when the deadline gets reshuffled as DL locos get worked on.

by RS-3

NOT speaking for Doc or any other DL personal, but its my understand its in generally decent shape but would need some tunning up. (Not to say a closer imspection might reveil something else.)

RS