• E&N

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Canada. For specific railroad questions, see Fallen Flags and Active Railroads categories.

Moderator: Ken V

by missthealcos

Hmmm, I had actually wondered if something like that might happen, for exactly that reason....any ETA on repair?

by ENR3870

I'm guessing the end of this week or early next week. 6135 came through Langford tonight solo again.

by ENR3870

The 6148 will be back in service soon, 6130 is supposed to be running by the end of the week. Also the lease on the GP38's expires at the end of the year and the E&N is getting a pair of SW1200's.

by AmtrakFan

Tyler,
Do you know when the SW's will come to the E&N also is the E&N still up for Sale?

AmtrakFan

by ENR3870

AmtrakFan wrote:Tyler,
Do you know when the SW's will come to the E&N also is the E&N still up for Sale?

AmtrakFan
The SW's are supposed to arrive later this year, and yes the E&N is still up for sale, there are a couple companies bidding on the line.

by ENR3870

They're going to be SW1500's actually. Ex-Southern Pacific.
  by steam371

is it true that the Washington Marine or Power, Group is a bidder? As in the one that owns Southern Railway of B.C.?

by ENR3870

I don't know if it's true, it's a rumor right now and there is a confidentiality agreement in place, so there's no way to tell who's going to be running the railroad. Washington Corp would be logical choice as they run the ENR's connection with the outside world, and have wanted the E&N for many years.