• Does anyone know a rail yard in the PA area I can film at?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by TheKornGuy

I am an independent film maker and currently I am filming an unsigned bands music video. The key element though out the entire video is trains. The main location we need to shoot at is a Frieght or Passenger train yard. I am doing this video for free and theirfor I can't afford to pay for insurance (which many rail yards are asking from me) or any type of permit fee. Does anyone know of any yards in your area that would allow a music video shoot and not require the previous things? (it could be off to the side somewhere, as long as trains and tracks are visable) If anyone knows, it would be a HUGE help. thank you so much!!
Jesse Heimowitz
[email protected]

by kevikens

You might want to consider Frankford Junction in the lower Northeast section of Philadelphia. You can shoot from the pedestrian overpass and get lots of Amtrak and Septa and a fair amount of switching freight activity. light is best in the early AM. It's public property and access so you may not anybody's permission at all except for Septa which will allow no commercial use of their logo.

by gerr

The Allentown hump yard is a good spot. :-D