• DL paintshop

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by metman499

Sources indicate that DL C-636 is being painted into GVT corporate colors. Anybody know when/if it is done?
Last edited by metman499 on Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Alcoman

3642 is done. Now they are starting on RS32 # 2035.

by metman499

The 2035 is out of the shop (albeit sans decals). Lensed by Mike Rushton at Steamtown on Thursday. Image

by Bucyrus6150

Looks good! I hope 645 is next, it'll look great in that scheme...

by sallenparks

I remember a little while ago that the 405 was to be done anyone know what will be next.

by RS-3

I understand the leading contender is 645.

KY

by metman499

I have my doubts on the 405. Last time I saw it it was in the deadline and appeared to have puked oil all over the engine area. Also, is GVT going to be doing anymore "heritage" type schemes like on the RS-3s or the C-425?
Last edited by metman499 on Sun May 21, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Alcoman

Qoute: "Also, is GVT going to be doing anymore "heritage" type schemes like on the RS-3s or the C-425?"

As I understand it, the answer is no. The 645 is next in line for repainting into the Corporate Scheme.

by sallenparks

When will the 645 go in for paint,the reason I ask is I'm heading down that way next week and am looking forward to seeing the 3642&2035 so I guess if 645 is to be done it might be worth seeing.

by RS-3

I don't really know, but I'd *guess* within the next week or two. It takes about two weeks to fully paint a unit.

RS
  by alcodoc

The 645 should be next for paint this week. Remember painting is an extra. We still have to do all the regular work. The normal problems of running a railroad don't go away while your painting locomotives. The 2454 is in the shop right receiving another GT598 traction generator. A monumental task with limited people and shop space. We are trying to multi-task and perform several jobs at one time including paint. Sometimes the next unit to be painted is decided by the next breakdown or next inspection date. An engine with a major componet failure will sometimes be the next to receive paint.......645.211.2034,405.....By the way the 405, 211, 2461,1044 are just resting. They may be returned to service at any time.

Alcodoc

by metman499

Thanks for the update Don.
  by b&m617

Don- who does your painting, and do you do it right in the main shop?? Also what kind of paint do you use??

Nice work!!
Looks great!!

Work safe
Charlie "derail" :-D
  by Luther Brefo

b&m617 wrote:Don- who does your painting, and do you do it right in the main shop?? Also what kind of paint do you use??

Nice work!!
Looks great!!

Work safe
Charlie "derail" :-D
Railpace has a nice feature on the GVT Family this month. Check it out for some of the answers to your questions. Great pictures too.

by Nova55

Seen the M420 over in the shops today idling, new paint job.. looks GREAT!
Also the 1044 is idling in back of it....