• Derailment on CSX Trenton Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by tunelowplayhard

A CSX train derailed this morning on the Trenton Line. It is currently fauling the crossing at Edgewood Road in Yardley, PA as of 15:24. I got as close as I could without trespassing. When I arrived they were splitting the power from the consist, but that's all I could see from my vantage point. Cars appear to be upright. No interlockings or switches in the area. Suspect an icy grade crossing to be the cause, but not sure. Anyone know the details?

by tunelowplayhard

I'm questioning whether or not it actually was derailment or if something else happened. I was at the crossing at about 19:15 when the train proceeded South over the Stony Hill grade crossing. There was no signs as far as I could tell that there had been a derailment. None of the wheels were marked - granted it was dark and seen by the light of my truck. Judging by its final departure time and a report from a friend of mine this morning, it would put the train standing for just over 10 hours. Anyone know what actually happened. Lead unit was CSX 5010 if I remember correctly, with a leased unit trailing.

by blippo

It was just one car, the 38th car, in that train that derailed. It was the Q301
  by amtrakhogger

Now watch, you will see all these articles and letters to the editor in the
papers from these yuppie/Nimby's claiming how dangerous this
rail line is to the community. Then there will be calls to shut the
line down and make it a bike path!

Imagine, all this over one derailed car!