• daylight savings time?

• General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.
General discussion about the RAILROAD.NET site, forums, or content ONLY. Please do not post your general railroading questions, please choose an appropriate forum. For help using the site, please post in the Help Using RAILROAD.NET Forum.

Moderator: Jeff Smith

by benltrain

why haven't the clocks been changed on rr.net? is this a phpBB problem?

by Lirr168

If you remember when you first registered, you set the time zone yourself. Thus, you have to reset it to accomodate for daylight savings time on your own.

by benltrain

ok, thanks. but what about when it says all times are GMT-5 hours, my time zone?

by Gilbert B Norman

Lest we note, Mr. Beneltrain, GMT (or Zulu) does not make any adjustments for anything. During the period that Standard Time is advanced (or commonly known as Daylight Saving Time) the GMT variance will, if positive will be reduced by one hour, if negative increased by one hour.

As a ready example, during the winter period, the variation between Philadelphia's local time and GMT is 5 hours. However, when time is advanced, such as it last was at 201A April 2 2006, that variance becomes 4 hours. Since the British Isles do not advance their local time until the end of this month, the time difference between Phila and London is presently 4 hours. However, such will return to the customary 5 hours when the British Isles (UK and Ireland) advance their local time.

by Mike Roque

You can adjust the time offset in your profile, and you will see the proper times.

by benltrain

thank you to all...

so change my time, and all the times will look right, as they look (?) to non-users?

by Mike Roque

I've changed the board time to GMT-4 (EDT)...

by benltrain

webmaster wrote:I've changed the board time to GMT-4 (EDT)...
just wondering. sorry for the trouble.

by David Benton

the ability to set your own time zone is a great feature . for me it saves having to calculate a time difference of ( normally ) 16 hours .