• D-L C 636

• Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.
Discussion about shortline operator Genesee Valley Transportation, operator of the Delaware-Lackawanna; the Mohawk, Adirondack & Northern, the Falls Road Railroad; Depew, Lancaster & Western; and the Lowville & Beaver River railroads. Official site: GVTRAIL.COM.

Moderator: metman499

by Ale Rider

Is the DL C636 in regular service at the present?

Thanks for any info.

Ed

by AlcoMD

Yeah, very regular service these days.

Anything else you want to know ?

by Ale Rider

AlcoMD-

I've never seen one of these in person and would really like to catch it in action one of these days. I think the DL's C636 would be easier to see in actions than the NYSW's 2 but I'd love to see those run as well....

I've seen the DL a couple times at Steamtown but it was before the Delta Bulk unit arrived.

Has it been painted yet?

Thanks for the info.

Ed

by metman499

The DLs are pretty easy to catch as they almost always start and end their day in Scranton. The ex CR one is still in CR blue with Delaware-Lackawanna on the side. The cab looked to have been painted blue a year or two ago as it is fresher than the rest of the unit.

by Alcoman

I am told by a reliable source that it may be possible in the coming weeks to see & hear 4 6-axle Alcos working a train to Portland.