• D&H lightning stripe GP38 in Kenwood Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by metman499

I have seen three painted in D&H in the last year. One is supposed to stay painted that way, 7312. I can't remember the numbers on the other two.

by Otto Vondrak

I took some of my own advice and answered my own question:

http://www.bridge-line.org/blhs/gp38-2.html

There are three: 7304, 7307, and 7312. I saw 7404 in Kenwood Yard on Sunday afternoon. I've also seen 7312 in Taylor Yard in Scranton, Pa.

-otto-
Last edited by Otto Vondrak on Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

by ANDY117

Ive seen ex- D&H units painted in the beaver scheme with D&H shields on the nose? Is this a new paint scheme?

by Otto Vondrak

No, the point is that this is an old paint scheme, dating from the 1950s and was applied to the RS's, the PA's, and the GP's. D&H units through the 1970s also wore a scheme that was all blue with yellow trim and safety stripes, before succumbing to Guilford gray and orange after 1983.

If you see CP units with D&H logos on them, those are decals applied by fans, not official paint schemes. Most of the D&H is operated as the St Lawrence & Hudson - STL&H.

-otto-

by Trackmobile

I thought the StL&H no longer existed as of 2001?