Discussion relating to the D&H. For more information, please visit the Bridge Line Historical Society.

Moderator: MEC407

by Benjamin Maggi

While shopping for a kitchen table at Huck Finn's Warehouse, I heard a short train horn on the way out. My wife had picked me up from work, and I made sure to ask her to bring my camera when she came because I wanted to check out Kenwood Yard after Hucks. I have been trying to get pictures of #7304 or #7303 for ages but they allude me. Then, on the way out, I heard the chain and the chase is on. However, in the distance I see that it is not any regular CP train but one with a "heritage" unit in it. We easily beat it to Kenwood and jumped out to take pictures.

Now, a Lightening Stripe unit is special to me but when I saw another photographer waiting at the yard tracks I started wondering. When I asked what was up he said "inspection train," which was very cool. Not a minute or so later, two engines pulling a passenger car lettered "Macintyre" show up. (Of course, the obligatory teenage punks were walking on the tracks right in front of it... smart!)

I took some shots and as it rolled by noticed that the 2nd unit was #7312. That meant three units existed (which I guess I already knew) but I never thought that she would make it to Albany. If only I had known the train was coming I would have selected better spots to take pictures from. Still, it was very cool.

One/third done (still have #7303 and #7304)

Anyone got any history to share on the coach?
  by 56-57

Not knowing what's still in Wilkes-Barre anymore, I could be way off on this.. But it really looks like it came from the railcar hotel in Wilkes-Barre.. Same color scheme, and the friction bearings tell me this car hasn't seen live railroad in awhile..

Micah
  by scottychaos

wow, cool find!

looks like the "Macintyre" is a privately owned car..
"HW business car (owned by the gentleman who owns Vermont Rail System)"

http://www.trainweb.org/passengercars/Indices/BC6.htm
http://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetai ... toID=29412

Scot
  by charlie6017

Nice shots! :-D

Charlie
  by march hare

If you're looking for advance warning on movements like this, check out the dandh board on Yahoo groups. There was about 2 days advance notice on this one.

Great Shot, BTW. I caught it in milky sun at the Cohoes bridge, but gave up on the southbound chase thinking that the lighting was going to hell. Obviously, it didn't.
  by 56-57

Ahh.. My apologies then.. Nice to learn something new though!

-Micah