• CSX Track Upgrades & Infrastructure of Pan Am

• Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.
Guilford Rail System changed its name to Pan Am Railways in 2006. Discussion relating to the current operations of the Boston & Maine, the Maine Central, and the Springfield Terminal railroads (as well as the Delaware & Hudson while it was under Guilford control until 1988). Official site can be found here: PANAMRAILWAYS.COM.

Moderator: MEC407

by SpiderHill

This train? Moved on the Fitchburg Secondary this afternoon heading to Leominster. I also posted more pics on the Fitchburg Secondary thread.
IMG_8256.JPG
IMG_8264.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by F74265A

What’s the silver thing that looks like a signal mast or similar on the ground next to the RJ corman truck by the Worcester main?

More comments in the Fitchburg secondary thread
  by rustyrails

The rail train was sitting there yesterday afternoon. Haven’t gone by since. Maybe P&W has some work going on too.
  by F74265A

How would a rail train sitting on the csx Fitchburg secondary in Clinton relate to the P&w?
  by johnpbarlow

Looks like M426-08 went east on the B&A through Springfield Union Station at 2252 Saturday 7/8/23 with 5 locomotives (CW44AC, CW44AC, CM44AC, SD40-2, and SD40-2) pulling a consist that included about 25 CSX MoW hoppers loaded with stone.

UPDATE: 8 hours behind the M426-08 mentioned above, at 0611 Sunday 7/9/23, an 88 car M426-09(?) pulled by CW44ACs 484 & 483 passed the Chester cam with 7 more loaded CSX MoW stone hoppers.
  by SpiderHill

F74265A wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:51 pm What’s the silver thing that looks like a signal mast or similar on the ground next to the RJ corman truck by the Worcester main?

More comments in the Fitchburg secondary thread
There are two masts and a section of bridge sitting there. They have been there since last fall and have not been moved.
  by rustyrails

F74265A wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:36 pm How would a rail train sitting on the csx Fitchburg secondary in Clinton relate to the P&w?
I was referring to the rail cars sitting in the CSX yard in Worcester.
  by F74265A

Thanks for the clarification
Last edited by MEC407 on Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total. Reason: unnecessary quoting
  by F74265A

SpiderHill wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:25 am There are two masts and a section of bridge sitting there. They have been there since last fall and have not been moved.
Very interesting
We will have to see where it gets installed I suppose to find out what it is
  by neman2

The silver structure looks similar to the high car detector that sat at Town Farm Rd. in Westford last winter, and was installed this spring near Gilson Rd., Littleton.
  by rustyrails

Does anyone know why rail equipment is sitting on the siding track at Greendale's in Worcester?
  by neman2

I figured out how to stop the pics from flipping. (I had to learn about EXIF metadata)

Images of the new Hot box /Dragging equip/High car detector and AEI reader at MP 311 Littleton.
Littleton Detector 3 (2).jpg
Littleton Detector 4 (2).jpg
Future MP PLD 126 covered by black bag on right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.