• CSX Hiring Session

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by Anton

My husband has gotten selected for a Carman hiring session in Jax next week. Can anyone give us a heads up on what happens at these sessions?

Math test/ reading test?
Physical Strength Test?
Drug Test? (I hear they take Hair samples now...)
Interviews?
Background Check?

Am I correct to assume all these are happening on this hiring session day? Is he going to find out how he did on the math and reading test that day?? --

Anyone who can tell the breakdown of the day would be greatly appreciated! I just like to know what to expect before hand.

Thanks!! :-D

by CSX Conductor

Not sure about the Carman process, but it sounds like you are correct. As for the hair sampling that is something new, which supposedly goes back 3 months. He will probably need to pass a math test and definately a physical as there can be some very strenuous physical activity.

As for backgrouns checks, that's where CSX doen't mess around. If you ever had anything negative happen in your past, do not lie about it or leave it out intentionally as this is frowned upon and if you lie and they find out later on they may terminate you for falsifying information during the application process. :wink: