• CSX Business Train - Northbound from Evansville

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

by Union Depot

At 12:00 A.M. Midnight, November 28th, 2006, the CSX business train led by the two FP40H's crossed the diamond at the Union Depot in Vincennes, Indiana, and what a sight it was. The train was at least 7 cars long, had three (3) open platform business cars toward the front, the power car was trailing, and it was traveling at the maximum permitted speed limit through the city. I've never had the opportunity to witness a Northbound passenger train hitting the diamond at the old Union Depot Hotel in Vincennes at night (especially Midnight), and I can only imagine what it had to look like prior to 1969 when the C&EI did it everynight. To say the least, it was pretty awesome watching the marker lamps fade away as the train took the last curve on the Northside of town and disappear into the darkness making it's journey onto Terre Haute!

by CSX Conductor

Train's symbol is P989-26 with two of the F40's leading (I believe 9992 & 9998). :wink:

by Union Depot

Thanks for the info., appreciate it!