• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

@R&DB I’ll see what I can do. My friend lives in the area and has been keeping an eye on things. So far I don’t think they got Whitesville yet...
  by Bracdude181

The boxcar and centerbeam from the SA38 derailment are still in Woodhaven...
  by R&DB

Perhaps they are waiting for engineering and Insurance inspections to decide if it's worth repairing or just scrapping them were they are.
  by Bracdude181

@R&DB Chances are the boxcar is totaled. The whole body has been twisted. Centerbeam looked okay. I also know that unusual/broken equipment needs a special permit and inspection to go on NJ Transit Tracks. Maybe they are waiting for that.
  by CharlieL

I don't think the brush clearing was for the power lines, and as mentioned above, for ROW clearing it would need to extend another 10 feet or so from the rails.

But it may have been done to allow for a more thorough evaluation of the roadbed and existing rails and ties. You can't evaluate what you can't see.
  by Bracdude181

Northbound through Farmingdale 5:30 PM
  by Bracdude181

@CharlieL Truthfully id like to know what the deal is with the Dover and Delaware rail grant for a project the 3 counties here where Conrails central Jersey lines are.
  by CharlieL

I tried to find the grant request, but it appears to be not accessable by mere mortals; I think it's in the state govt "SAGE" system.
  by CharlieL

No; it appears many state government documents from multiple departments were moved into a system called "SAGE" sometime in 2019. I can find no grant info after 2018. SAGE is available over the internet but you need a login and password to get in. Probably only for state employees and restricted on a business need. Would like to see the grant request but not worth my time and effort to file a FOIA request or track down a responsible person and ask. I think it will become apparent in the next few months.
  by CharlieL

When I say grant request, I mean what D&D asked for originally.
  by CharlieL

BTW, I have in the back of my mind that in 2017 DoD came out with a statement that it wanted ALL major installations to have rail access. JBMDL is certainly a major installation.
  by Bracdude181

Approaching Hamilton Rd 6:56 PM
  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:@CharlieL Truthfully id like to know what the deal is with the Dover and Delaware rail grant for a project the 3 counties here where Conrails central Jersey lines are.
Clearly this let the cat out of the bag. I still don't think its ready for prime time yet.
  by Bracdude181

Northbound at Sycamore Ave 7:26 PM