• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by bigblue5277

CharlieL wrote:Does anyone keep track of comings and goings on the Freehold Secondary the way you guys do the Southern Secondary?

Seemed like it was a busy week last week. I could swear I heard the horn for the Tennent road crossing Monday Wednesday and Thursday. I live about 4 miles away and hear it when weather conditions permit.

There is a thread called, "The Freehold Secondary Mystery", where moves are sometimes documented.
The same crew (SA31) that works the Southern Secondary on Thursday, works the Freehold Secondary (or Industrial Track) usually on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
  by NJT4149

I’m sure everybody probably knows, but expect the train tomorrow
  by RailsEast

Well, sir....all of us don't have inside information like you, this is the first I'm hearing about it. :)

But the crew did run the day before Thanksgiving last year, so......will it be the SA-31 or the SA-93 tomorrow?
  by NJT4149

RailsEast wrote:Well, sir....all of us don't have inside information like you, this is the first I'm hearing about it. :)

But the crew did run the day before Thanksgiving last year, so......will it be the SA-31 or the SA-93 tomorrow?
Sorry Chris, my assumptions got a bit out of hand, my apologies :)

Pretty sure it is going to be the 31 today. Trying to confirm...
  by NJT4149

All Browns jobs are annulled tomorrow and Friday, so a Southern trip is guaranteed for today. There will also be a run to Freehold and maybe even Dayton.
  by trainster78

CSAO WPSA-31 thru red bank CSX 4405 NS 5632 +17, 2 tankers one gondola, rest are boxcars and woodhavens.
  by NJT4149

Nearing Earle with CSX 4405, NS 5637 (not 5632), 14 Woodhavens, 1 gon, 2 tanks
  by RailsEast

Thanks guys, stuck at work today. First time down with 2 tanks, very cool, and.....is this the first trip down the Southern for NS 5637? I know she has been working at Manville for many years...
Chris
  by NJT4149

RailsEast wrote:Thanks guys, stuck at work today. First time down with 2 tanks, very cool, and.....is this the first trip down the Southern for NS 5637? I know she has been working at Manville for many years...
Chris
I believe it is... which is why I’ll try to get the return trip... I will be stuck at work tomorrow, so I need to do something to make it feel slightly better lol
  by snavely

From Browns Yard FB page at 7:00pm today:

THE SA-31 HAS STALLED ON OLD TAVERN ROAD IN HOWELL NEW JERSEY
CSX GP40-2 #4405
NS GP38-2 #5637
  by NJT4149

SA-38 about to start the Brick Recycling drill 11:45 PM
  by RailsEast

Eastbound through Shrewsbury at 0140 hours. Happy Turkey Day to all....
  by CharlieL

snavely wrote:From Browns Yard FB page at 7:00pm today:

THE SA-31 HAS STALLED ON OLD TAVERN ROAD IN HOWELL NEW JERSEY
CSX GP40-2 #4405
NS GP38-2 #5637
Last time I was along there, there was a nasty looking potential washout immediately alongside the road. And a pile of ballast on the other side of the road.
  by RailsEast

CSX 2798, CSX 4441 + 14, approaching Maxwell Rd. in Eatontown at 4:20 in the pm. One tank appropriately spaced, 13 Woodhavens this week..........
  by RailsEast

CSX 4405, NS 5640 with 15 lumber, across Maxwell Rd in Eatontown at 4:00 in the pm.