• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by NJT4149

Pinebrook Road at 5:35 PM... Gon, tank, and boxcar at the rear
  by NJT4149

Tank car is NOT for Earle... The car has USDOT placard 1170, which is used for different types of alcohol, such as Vinyl or Ethanol.
  by luminous53

Hey Guys. If I remember when Brick Recycling opened somebody posted on this forum that they intend to get tankers on their siding for anther business. There is a chemical company right next (north) to Brick Recycling called Bel-Ray. You could park a tanker on the siding a little closer to the main and the car would be placed very close to that company. Who knows but just a guess. here is there website http://www.belray.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by NJT4149

luminous53 wrote:Hey Guys. If I remember when Brick Recycling opened somebody posted on this forum that they intend to get tankers on their siding for anther business. There is a chemical company right next (north) to Brick Recycling called Bel-Ray. You could park a tanker on the siding a little closer to the main and the car would be placed very close to that company. Who knows but just a guess. here is there website http://www.belray.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The gon, tank, and boxcar are going to the Brick Recycling siding; this has been confirmed per a source
  by luminous53

I hope somebody got a video or photo. I imagine the last tanker on the southern would of been columbia propane on the TRIT.
  by NJT4149

luminous53 wrote:I hope somebody got a video or photo. I imagine the last tanker on the southern would of been columbia propane on the TRIT.
I have two videos and some pictures
  by RailsEast

I was so preoccupied with car count and spring compression rate (was the tank car empty, or loaded?), I neglected to get a shot of the tanker. Anyway, tough lighting with the crew running late, but here she is through Shrewsbury........

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4404646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I passed Brick Recycling today, and looked hard at the entire siding (even toward the main), but did not see a tank car, fwiw.....
Chris
  by NJT4149

RailsEast wrote:I was so preoccupied with car count and spring compression rate (was the tank car empty, or loaded?), I neglected to get a shot of the tanker. Anyway, tough lighting with the crew running late, but here she is through Shrewsbury........

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4404646" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I passed Brick Recycling today, and looked hard at the entire siding (even toward the main), but did not see a tank car, fwiw.....
Chris
Tank car was loaded
  by OCtrainguy

Any additional cars coming onto the ol' Southern is definitely a plus.
  by NJRAILNUT

Okay so it seems the consensus so far is that this tank car is ending it's journey at Brick Recycling. Yet we've had multiple members say that they have no seen evidence of a tank car on the (I'm assuming not very large) siding that leads into the facility. RailsEast stated he could view the entire length of the siding and did not see any tank cars parked on it. Obviously this doesn't mean it's not there, but something is clearly up here. We now have two tank cars parked somewhere along the Southern Secondary yet nobody has actually seen them with their own two eyes.

NJT4149, you seen very well-informed so I guess I'll ask you-- any additional information you can provide about the purpose of the tank cars and just where the hell they are being stored/utilized? Obviously if anyone else has any concrete information feel free to chime in as well.

Also-- if you could share that video you have that would be awesome. Would love to see this consist, tank cars are unheard of these days on this branch. And as OCtrainguy pointed out, any additional cars is a good sign,e specially if they are going to a new customer (fingers crossed). Two cars in two weeks is promising.

RailsEast, as always, thank you for the picture. You captured the fading light very well.
  by RailsEast

Tank car is at Brick Recycling, transload to 18-wheeler in progress at 1300 hours Friday. 2 gons in front of tank car, I guess they didn't pick up this week's load. Last boxcar in yesterday's consist was not there; may have acted as buffer car for tanker & went to Woodhaven.
Chris
  by NY&LB

Train was at Patterson Avenue (Shrewsbury) at 1 PM today power was 4406 and 4405 (nice consecutively numbered locomotives). Looked like the crew was inspecting the train and getting ready to head up to BANK and back to Browns yard.
  by NJT4149

I finally got around to uploading last week's video of the train at Pinebrook Road. I really like how this shot turned out in the sunset. Unfortunately, I likely won't be able to head out tomorrow to catch the train; however, I will try to give updates whenever I can. Enjoy the video! :-D
http://youtu.be/kZFY6_3g4jY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  by joesirr

Hi,
Today on my way North on 34 @ 2:30 I saw a tank car at Brick Recycling.