• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by GSC

@RailsEast I finally clicked on your website and looked at all the pics, along with the detailed info about each. Nice work!
  by Bracdude181

Train is parked in Farmingdale. Would’ve reported on it sooner if I hadn’t been chasing a Loram Rail Grinder through Piscataway lol.

Train will likely leave around 8 or so.

Edit: Extech was not drilled. Unsure if the aforementioned boxcar was for them. Will try to find out later.
  by Bracdude181

Leaving Farmingdale 8:06 PM
  by Bracdude181

Approaching Oak Glen Road 8:38 PM

Moving very slowly.
  by Bracdude181

SA31 is working Woodhaven.

There is no SA38 in the van that will take them back, but remember that SA38 can show up later.

Will probably go back tomorrow though.
  by trainfann101

Anyone know if PR-19 is going to be taking it back today?
  by Bracdude181

No PR19 on the Southern today. I guess they had to go work Motiva.

Will check a little later to see if the train is still at Woodhaven.
  by Bracdude181

Train is parked at Woodhaven. No crew.
6159 is leaking oil and antifreeze.

If they go back today it will probably go back as SA31. Won’t chase it as I’m doing something else today.

Before I go I just wanna ask, has anyone been hearing rumors that C&D wants to back out of running the Southern and Freehold? Been hearing that through my sources and some people in Conrail.
  by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:44 am
If they go back today it will probably go back as SA31. Won’t chase it as I’m doing something else today.

Before I go I just wanna ask, has anyone been hearing rumors that C&D wants to back out of running the Southern and Freehold? Been hearing that through my sources and some people in Conrail.
I wouldn't be surprised if they went to Freehold today, the line was repaired yesterday.

I haven't heard anything regarding C&D backing out from CR , NJT, or C&D.
They now have a GP-38, GP9u, GP10, SW900,SW1200,SW1500 in Ringoes with and another GP9 en-route. Sound like they are hoarding power for something.
  by Bracdude181

@CR7876 Could that be because i’ve also been hearing that they might want to take over another line near the Washington Secondary somewhere? I’ve been hearing they want to expand out there too.

Plus 915 is in there being fixed because it’s broken.
  by CR7876

I'm not going to go into specifics, but I heard of two different lines out of Allentown that are on their radar. With this transaction, no news isn't bad news.
  by Bracdude181

@CR7876 The Cement Secondary? That’s the only line I know for sure NS might give up. Not sure about the Portland Secondary cause they still make a lot of money on that line.
  by cx4storm

After a 4 hour period of silence, I'm receiving and decoding EOT packets.

They are indicating the EOT is NOT IN MOTION as of 1455 Hrs (2:55 pm).
  by cx4storm

Packets are now indicating that the EOT is IN MOTION as of 1510 Hrs (3:10 pm).

I do not have symbol information at this time.
  by Bracdude181

If they left that late then that’s gotta be SA31