• Conspiracy to destroy railroad structures 1960's

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
  by MikeB

Is anybody familiar with a case involving Black Panthers being arrested for conspiracy to blow up New Haven Railroad facilities in the late 60's or early 70's?

by 3rdrail

I vaguely recall prosecution for a conspiracy to damage sitting airliners at Logan during this time period, but I believe that it was the "Weathermen". Also, Suffolk Superior Court was damaged by an explosive in the 70's. That was done by a bunch of local crazies and prison time was served on that one. Not the Panthers on that one either. The RR thing would have stuck out in my mind as I have always been an avid train buff living in Boston.

by MikeB

Now I have absolutely no idea where I heard that.

by Nasadowsk

Sure you're not thinking of the Penn Central? ;)

by Maybrook fan

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh think we could link them to the Poughkeepsie bridge fire ?????????????????

by gawlikfj

I had heard this about PC and wouldn't put it past them.