• Conductor in Norway- wanna work at Amtrak!! Any ideas???

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by ramiller1976us

Hey all,
I am new here and hoping you all could answer some questions for me. I am living in Norway now. I work for NSB, which is the national passenger railroad company. I am a conductor there and have full shifting training and am not a asst. but a "Conductor in Charge"
I am not sure how differant it is here as in signals and who does what. Here we signal departure from stations and not the engineers. We do shifting at end stations, ticketing and other normal conductor stuff. I went through a 7 month program put on by NSB which was pretty intense.
I am looking to move back to the states and would like to work for AMtrak or some other local commutor outfit. Will my experiance here be of any good?
Please give me any info or ask questions of you need more info....

Richard

PS: I emailed Amtrak jobs and they said they hire asst. cond. several times a year and to look out for the ad..

by jz441

If you are authorized to work in the USA, you will have no problem getting a job with Amtrak. You will have to start as an asistant conductor at 75% rate of pay, and later you will be promoted in to a conductor.

Good luck.. :wink: