• Conditional offer question.

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by gcadays99

"Congratulations, you have successfully completed the testing and interview
processes. This letter is to extend a conditional offer of employment to join
BNSF as a Alliance, NE Conductor Trainee.We believe you will make an excellent
addition to the BNSF team! However, please do not tender a resignation with
your current employer until you are notified by BNSF, as this is only a
conditional offer.

As discussed, this offer is contingent on the favorable outcome of a
pre-employment background screening, consisting of the following: physical
examination and hair analysis drug screen; background investigation; proof of
permanent employment eligibility in the United States; and our receipt and
review of a completed BNSF medical history questionnaire. Failure of any
portion of our background screening will result in this conditional offer being
rescinded. As a reminder, you will begin your employment as a probationary
employee, consistent with the term of the applicable collective bargaining
agreement. "

This is the first part of the e-mail I recieved anyone who has got hired from BNSF what is the probability I will get a for sure offer I have no felonies or anything on my background check just a couple speeding tickets no drugs and will fill out the medical questionaire when I get it. I know I should just wait and see but Just getting anxious and was wondering if anyone had any comments they could provide :) Thanks

by blacksmith72

Were you from Alliance? Wondering if they hired local fro your job, or did you attend a RR school?
Congrats on the job.

by gcadays99

Not from alliance was moving there though so I applied online I'm from Grand Island about 4.5 hours eats of there and no RR school. I have some college but its for business management.

by Finch00

I work in a non-railroad HR deptment..... this means you have the job as as long as you dont have crack in your system or string of DUI's

in other words.....as long as you have been behaving yourself congradulations.

I Cavat This with....... some companies will tank your application for even "minor" crimes..... and sometimes if you have alot of credit issues you could be in for bad news.... my bet would be DUI's and Felonies are all you have to worry about.... not to make you worried...... good luck!!!!!!

by bnsfjordan

As long as you can pass the physical and strength test, and haven't lied about anything in your application, then you've got the job.