• Coal Spill on South Capitol Street

• Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Discussion pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Moderator: therock

by Phil Hom

What's with the three hoppers and coal spill along South Capitol Street just north of the Navy Yard Annex (next to where all the commuter buses park during the day). I drove by it today (24 Nov) at 1200. They had three hoppers (sans trucks) on lowboys. earth moving equipment was spreading coal all over the place. It is a "make believe" derailment for Congress, or a movie set?
  by Phil Hom

I drove to that lot today (26 Nov - day after Thanksgiving). There's no sign anything was even there. I don't have proof other than myself and my wife and daughter saw it.

So disregard this trend.

by Aa3rt

Phil, after reading your initial post I checked the websites of WRC (4), WTTG (5), WJLA (7) and WUSA (9) as well as both the Washington Post & Times. Never saw a reference anywhere. If you find out what transpired, please share it with us. Now you've got me wondering...