• CNW AC4400CW 8828

• Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.
Discussion relating to The Chicago & North Western, the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific, the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (Milwaukee Road), including mergers, acquisitions, and abandonments.

Moderator: Komachi

by Amtrak31

I got very lucky and saw CNW 8828, the last unpatched AC4400CW, on April 5th. She was leading a pair of UP AC4400CW's westbound through Lockport, Illinois on the EJ&E Material Service Line. Has anyone seen this loco since April 5th? I hope it wasn't patched or repainted.

by TerryC

I spent a while looking, but I found a picture! This was in the annals of a google photo search buried in one of the websites. It is from 6/12/05.
http://www.cnw-rail.com/images/06-12-05/cnw8828-05.jpg
keep searching keep finding
  by Amtrak31

Nice! 8828 is still out there. Escaping the Patch Man. :-)

by Amtrak31

Terry, Thank you for sharing that picture. Those are the same exact units behind it that I saw! :-)

by TerryC

Glad I could find that picture.

keep searching keep finding
1929th member to join this forum
  by bridge9063

TerryC wrote:Glad I could find that picture.
Its just too early in the morning for me to think about something like that let me get some coffee first.