• Cities Service tank cars on B&M or MEC?

• Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.
Discussion relating to the pre-1983 B&M and MEC railroads. For current operations, please see the Pan Am Railways Forum.

Moderator: MEC407

by railfan1988

Does anyone on here know if the Cities Service Company, now Citgo, was a customer of either or both the Boston and Maine and the Maine Central? I have been trying to find a picture of a Cities Service tank car on either a B&M or MEC freight train, but I have been unsuccessful thus far (they were the dark green tank cars with white lettering). Cities Servive was a huge oil and petroleum company which I believe served much of the country, so I would have to imagine that it was serviced by many freight railroads.
  by jaymac

Google shows both 1940s and 1959 Cities Service maps for Maine available on eBay, probable marketing devices with Cities Service station locators. Whether product arrived by rail and/or by marine shipping, however, is not a guess I'd be willing to bet much on.