• CIOR Viaduct update (almost done!)

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by Throttle_JCKY

Well, its been a few since I updated the progress of the CIOR's Cambridge City viaduct project.
Things have progressed well, actually the viaduct is resting in its final spot on the layout. I don't have either approach to it done, probably wont for a little while yet. But its in place and looks good, little dark, but before its all said and done, track lights will illuminate it (don't want to add those til construction is done, don't want to knock or break a light!)

The ivy turned out alot better then I thought it would, so I might add more, but I don't want to get carried away!
The railing project will have to wait til I get enough patients to drill out all those #72 holes in the stanchions (60 or so times 2 holes per) you get the idea!

by Throttle_JCKY

So, here is what it would be like standing on the ground below the viaduct. The Stewart C630 was also just finished the other day. (several more in the pipeline).

Here is a better shot of the C630 (side shot) whenever I get more time I will get a better shot.

by Otto Vondrak

Alco looks nice and the bridge looks great. I might suggest more gray washes on the viaduct though... other than that it looks like your scene is coming together!

-otto-