• Changes at Lebanon on the RVL

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Mac Carter

I drove by a couple of days ago, and all the rails that the antique stock was on - the GG-1 and Lackawanna diesels on the eastbound side, and all the other rails to the west - are all picked up and gone. There is a pile of ties at the end of the westbound section.

The only thing that's left is the siding for Hickory Creek and NYC 43. But that's been empty for a long time, even since national train day, and I'm not sure they're coming back.

Just FYI

Mac Carter
Cokesbury, NJ
  by Roadgeek Adam

Mac Carter wrote:I drove by a couple of days ago, and all the rails that the antique stock was on - the GG-1 and Lackawanna diesels on the eastbound side, and all the other rails to the west - are all picked up and gone. There is a pile of ties at the end of the westbound section.

The only thing that's left is the siding for Hickory Creek and NYC 43. But that's been empty for a long time, even since national train day, and I'm not sure they're coming back.

Just FYI

Mac Carter
Cokesbury, NJ
Surprised the rail was ripped up. The extra locomotive at Annandale is gone, but its track remains, pretty sure that's currently abandoned.
  by Jtgshu

The equipment was moved last summer to Boonton Yard.

The west end of the siding was torn out a few months ago - the last time I was up thre, about 2 months ago, the siding ended just east of the station building. the rest of it was pulled, out of the crossing as well, and the crossing was rebuilt as well.
  by Ken W2KB

Jtgshu wrote:The equipment was moved last summer to Boonton Yard.

The west end of the siding was torn out a few months ago - the last time I was up thre, about 2 months ago, the siding ended just east of the station building. the rest of it was pulled, out of the crossing as well, and the crossing was rebuilt as well.
The Creek and 43 were taken by Amtrak to New Orleans for National Train Day. They came back to NJ a few days later, turned over to NJT by Amtrak, and will be stored at Boonton.
  by blockline4180

Ken W2KB wrote:

The Creek and 43 were taken by Amtrak to New Orleans for National Train Day. They came back to NJ a few days later, turned over to NJT by Amtrak, and will be stored at Boonton.

Cool, so now we can expect "frequent moves" out of Boonton yard whenever these 2 PV's will be used???
  by Ken W2KB

blockline4180 wrote:
Ken W2KB wrote:

Cool, so now we can expect "frequent moves" out of Boonton yard whenever these 2 PV's will be used???
Yes, to extent that there are charters. With the state of the economy, the number of charters has fallen significantly, the moves for the time being may not be particularly "frequent." Unfortunately.
  by Steamtown Observer

Where did that ex-Frisco sleeping car go? It is privately owned, correct?
  by Ken W2KB

Steamtown Observer wrote:Where did that ex-Frisco sleeping car go? It is privately owned, correct?
Yes, it was privately owned, not part of the URHS or other historical organization collection. From anther private individual I know who inquired as to potentially purchasing the car, the owner was considering donating it to a museum in the West. Possibly that occurred.
  by Roadgeek Adam

Now at the status of the track in Annandale?