• Car Explanation...

• Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
Discussion related to NYAR operations on Long Island. Official web site can be found here: www.anacostia.com/nyar/nyar.html. Also includes discussion related to NYNJ Rail, the carfloat operation successor to New York Cross Harbor that connects with NYAR.
  by badneighbor

On the South Shore train on Tuesday 2/15, westbound at Bay Shore, there was a freight of two Geeps and about 8 cars. In the consist were 2 cars, with what appeared to be CPR markings. They didnt look like tankers, or hoppers.. what were they? did anyone else see these cars? Also, if the NYA crews read this, what customer received them? Just curious...

by tushykushy

Did it look like this?

by badneighbor

i had a quick look... they may have been a bit shorter, and they seemed to have CP markings, but the shape you put up looks close.

by tushykushy

Those cylindrical hoppers go to Eastport Feeds, so that's probably what you saw.

by Fla East Coast Chris

There is nothing in Eastport just rusted rail.
Chris

by Legio X

Eastport is no longer served by NYA?

by Fla East Coast Chris

They are served by NYAR.
But when they get a good price on corn in freight hoppers they buy it.
In the spring they should get cars again.
Chris

by Knife-Switch

Nothing like being downwind of that duck farm in the Spring......

by Legio X

Really man.......

by Fla East Coast Chris

Also do not forget Eastport(PT) was the duck capital of the world.
Their wasa thick layer of duck muck on the water in Seatuck Creek where the tracks go over today.. There were farms all along the creek. Now there is only 1 farm left and that is Massey's. The old duck processing plant is long gone on Moriches Blvd. The only one left is over in Aquobogue (Cressent packing) Eastport Feeds I think has ties to that.(Jay am I right???)
Knife(PD) the stench was phewwweeeeee in the summer there. LOL
Chris

by mainline

Owner of Crescent also owner of Eastport Feeds. I met the owner while looking for another duck farm in Aquebogue that was being sold for development. They were removing a couple of fuel tanks. I was there to check for any spillage over the years(One of my official jobs). I couldn't locate it so I figured it was an easy way to locate. I was told that the LIRR used to switch Crescent in the steam era. Any photos out there.

by mainline

The other duck processing plant is in East Moriches. Jurgielwicz duck Farm also processes the Ducks. The adjoining property is Titmus Duck and that one will become part of Jurgielwicz soon. Oldtimer selling out. Jurgielwicz and Crescent are very big operations. I was never at Massey.