• BNSF Job offer

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by curtin

Does anyone know what the senority district for Alliance Nebraska is I got a conditional offer on the 7th and went today to do my strength tests hope it went well have to go on Monday for the the pre screen tests eyes, hearing,and drug screen do I have to do all that again since I already did it through the NARS program I just graduated on the 17th of FEb any help on those questions would be great THanks

by bnsfjordan

Yes, you do have to take the vision and hearing tests again. They are the same ones you took before NARS so if you passed them the first time it shouldn't be a problem passing them again.

I believe BNSF has systemwide seniority with the exception of a few former BN locations on the northern part of the sytem. Whether Alliance is in that, I don't know.

by jz441

Alliance is within the systemwide seniority.
Pacific North West is the only place without systemwide seniority.

by curtin

thanks for the info guys i appreciate it wish me luck

by ATSF211

I got an intresting phone call this morning.

BNSF wants me to go in for a hair drug screening! I dont do drugs, never have never will!

I already did a hair screening when I attended NARS!

I dont really know what to make of this situation.

What do y'all think BNSF is up to?

Mike

by curtin

Ya me to since we already took one in the nars program does that mean we have already passed it in order to receve a conditional offer I have to got monday for another drug test get my vision and hearing checked again not sure why

by curtin

Can someone please help me out I got conditional offer for Alliance Nebraska with BNSF if I pass all my tests the start date is May 1 I suppose they put me in a hotel but for how long then what is the pay scale for training and do they help pay for moving expenses or anything I live in KC right now so I probly have about 1 and half months to update and sell my house then go to Alliance and find a place any help would be great and would be thrilled to work for BNSF

by ATSF211

curtin wrote:Ya me to since we already took one in the nars program does that mean we have already passed it in order to receve a conditional offer I have to got monday for another drug test get my vision and hearing checked again not sure why
Actually this will be my 3rd test. I took the hair test before my first interview, the 2nd was for my pre-employment and now a 3rd hair analysis test.

I dont know what happened but when I called the BNSF MRO he told me that the lab that processed the test didnt release it until yesterday. So I guess BNSF hadnt got it yet so I assume maybe they were impatient and wanted test results immediately.

I really don't know what to think right now.

Mike
Last edited by ATSF211 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

by jz441

ATSF211,

BNSF has reacently changed companies that do the drug screaning for them, and from what I understand, it's not wrking out to good. We get random test's qute often, and reacently crews have been wating for their randoms up to 6 hrs, and some have had hours of service expire while waiting for the nurse to show up.
Don't be alarmed,.... If they found something in your sample, you would have been disqualified long time a go.

by jz441

curtin wrote:Can someone please help me out I got conditional offer for Alliance Nebraska with BNSF if I pass all my tests the start date is May 1 I suppose they put me in a hotel but for how long then what is the pay scale for training and do they help pay for moving expenses or anything I live in KC right now so I probly have about 1 and half months to update and sell my house then go to Alliance and find a place any help would be great and would be thrilled to work for BNSF
BNSF will put you in the hotel during your training if you request it. I don't know what the current training rate of pay is, but I remember making about $3500 per month 8 years ago.

BNSF does not pay for your moving expenses, since you told them that you were willing to work anywhere.

If you can, try to rent out your house, that way you will have a place to come back to when you transfer back to KC. Rents must be pretty cheap in Alliance NE, and money is very good on those coal trains.

Don't worry, you will be able to transfer back to KC as soon as another class of conductors gets hired behind yours.

by curtin

thanks jz441 It's not that I want to come back to Kc It just seems that we have a lot to do in a short amount of time I am very money oriented and would love for BNSF to fill my pockets I think my wife is more worried about it than I am cause it will be mainly here resposibility to do these things I will probly leave for training and she will hopefully get to move up there within a month so do I need to email my recruiter to let her know that I will need a hotel room or what I guess I just need to get the results of all my tests before I do anything I just don't want to get to far ahead of my self thanks for the info

by ATSF211

Hey everyone,

I got my letter...I MADE IT!

I am an official conductor trainee for BNSF Railway California Division! I made it through the tests (except my final drug test, the results are still pending). I know I passed that. I dont do drugs!

Thanks to all of you who helped me with advice. It helped alot!

Mike