• best place to railfan in fallston Pa?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in Pennsylvania

Moderator: bwparker1

by firefighter1811

what is the best railfan locations in Falston Pa? I am thinking about going there to railfan and I wanna see lots of both the csx and the NS lines that run through there. I was to the Fallston flagstop but I would like to see a better view, and if there is any industry in the back ground that would be even better. LOL

Mike
  by fizzlejibs

Beaver Falls. Shortly after you come across the bridge that crosses the river turn right towards the river. Not sure of the road name. There is a car dealership on the left near where you should be turning right. That will take you to the CSX tracks. From there you can see the CSX trains and the NS crosses over the CSX tracks. Or if you can get to the park on the other side of the river. It's called Big rock park. Hope this helps.
  by nysteamer

I think you're talking about the 7th street (New Brighton) bridge.... Make a left onto 3rd street then another onto 2nd ave and a right onto 8th street if you want to see NS. Then you can head under the NS and left onto bridge street to see CSX from your car as you'll be about 20 feet from the tracks.....
I'm not from Pittsburgh area. I've been heavily studying railfanning locations for mostly the Pittsburgh Line. I plan to fan the keystone sub, and the Pittsburgh line from Pittsburgh to Altoona..... Any idea how much traffic I can expect. I'm filming but staying 20+ feet from the tracks. I don't need to get my chops busted by a bored railroad cop. I loved the Greenfrog video so I took 4 days vacation and I'm heading there this week.