• Athearn blue box F7 HO

• Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.
Discussion related to everything about model railroading, from layout design and planning, to reviews of related model tools and equipment. Discussion includes O, S, HO, N and Z, as well as narrow gauge topics. Also includes discussion of traditional "toy train" and "collector" topics such as Lionel, American Flyer, Marx, and others. Also includes discussion of outdoor garden railways and live steamers.

Moderators: 3rdrail, stilson4283, Otto Vondrak

by epspsy

Just wondering if, how, whether anyone has solved the problem of excessive spacing in the rear of the loco because of the position of the coupler bolster screw hole.
EPS
  by cnj1524

a company made coupler pockets that required you to drill hole to repostion coupler inword but I dont remember off
the top of my head who they were
  by Cadet57

I just used short shank couplers. Worked for me. :P
  by Montrealrail

on my case,short shank couple on B-unit and between the A and B unit,I did a home made permanent coupler that I done with piano string and I reduced to the minimum the spce between A and B unit..