• Any info on working as a trainmaster on NS?

• General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.
General discussion about working in the railroad industry. Industry employers are welcome to post openings here.

Moderator: thebigc

by flyguy

Well, I was offered the job to enter the training program to become a trainmaster on NS. I'd really appreciate any info or feedback on what to expect and how they are to work for. The interview/selection process was a pretty good experience ...

Also, I am wondering about the working conditions not only for trainmasters, but also the conductors and engineers ...

by thebigc

I think NS supplies the eggs for the switch point compliance tests but I could be wrong. I'd imagine they also supply the "Off" for hiding in the weeds, but again...

by jz441

thebigc wrote:I think NS supplies the eggs for the switch point compliance tests but I could be wrong.
Bigc, you couldn’t put it better, lol. Here on the BNSF they also provide the basket.

by GOLDEN-ARM

Hey, JZ, contact me again, I might have something for you, if you are still looking........... :-D